JCC Adult Programs
Classes available at the Jewish Community Center:
SilverSneakers® CLASSIC – Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement, and activities for daily living. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles, and a SilverSneakers ball are offered for resistance. A chair is available if needed for seated or standing support. Tuesday/Thursday mornings 9:30 -10:15-30am. Drop-in Fee $7.00 per class. Free to JCC members, SilverSneakers®, and Silver and Fit participants.
SilverSneakers® BOOM (CARDIOFIT) – SilverSneakers® Boom (CardioFit) is an advanced group exercise class designed for active adults who desire a safe and effective low-impact cardiovascular workout. Energizing and easy-to-follow movements promote heart-healthy, total-body conditioning to increase cardiovascular and muscular endurance. In addition, a variety of strength training options are offered to provide a well-rounded workout. Mondays/Wednesdays at 10:30-11:30am. Drop-in Fee $7 per class. Free to JCC members, SilverSneakers®, and Silver and Fit participants.
SilverSneakers® YOGA – SilverSneakers® Yoga will move your whole body through a complete series of seated and standing yoga poses. Chair support is offered to safely perform a variety of seated and standing postures designed to increase flexibility, balance, and range of movement. Restorative breathing exercises and final relaxation will promote stress reduction and mental clarity. Mondays and Wednesdays
11:45-12:30-45pm. Drop-in Fee $7 per class. Free to JCC members, SilverSneakers®, and Silver and Fit participants.
Gentle Yoga – Easy stretching poses for those with intermittent back issues or those new to yoga. Restorative breathing exercises and stress relief are emphasized. One must be able to get down on to floor. Thursdays at 5:00-6:00pm. Drop-in Fee $7 per class. Free to JCC members, SilverSneakers®, and Silver and Fit participants.
Zumba Gold – The class introduces easy-to-follow Zumba choreography that focuses on balance, range of motion, and coordination. Perfect for beginners or older adults. Thursdays at 11:00-11:45am. Drop-in Fee $7 per class. Free to JCC members, SilverSneakers®, and Silver and Fit participants.
SilverSneakers® SPLASH– Activate your urge for variety! Splash offers fun, shallow water movement to improve agility and flexibility while addressing cardiovascular, strength, and endurance conditioning. No swimming ability is required and a SilverSneakers® kickboard or other aquatic equipment is used to improve strength, balance, and coordination. Mondays/Wednesday 9:30 -10:30am. Drop-in Fee $7 per class. Free to JCC members, SilverSneakers®, and Silver and Fit participants.
Aqua Zumba – A challenging water-based workout that’s cardio-conditioning, body toning, and most of all, exhilarating beyond belief. Tuesdays and Thursdays
8:30-9:30am. Drop in Fee $7 per class. Free to JCC members, SilverSneakers®, and Silver and Fit participants.
The JCC Senior Adult Club is offering the following senior events:
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:30am-10:15-30am - SilverSneakers Classic
Every Tuesday from 1:30-3pm - Mah Jongg classes with Ellen Mussaf or play Farkle with Harold Williams and Mel Krieger
Senior Lunch will be served Tuesdays and Thursdays at Noon. Reservations are preferred two days in advance if possible, but no later than 4PM the day before.
Call Cheryl 717-236-9555 EXT. 3115
After Lunch Programs are:
- September 3, 2019 - Jeff Jacobs will lead our monthly Current Events Program. After the program stay and play Mah Jongg with Ellen or Farkle with Harold and Mel from 1:30pm to 3pm.
- Wednesday, September 4, 2019 - Artist in Residency Program with Cheryl Kugler 1:30pm-3pm
- September 5, 2019 – DCAAA Nutritionist Pat Dodd will discuss the new Nutrition Labels
- September 10, 2019 - Business Meeting/Birthday Party. After the meeting stay and play Mah Jongg with Ellen Mussaf or Farkle with Harold Williams and Mel Krieger from 1:30-3pm.
- Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - Artist in Residency Program with Cheryl Kugler 1:30pm-3pm
- September 12, 2019 – After lunch play the Millionaire Game. In the Miller we will have the AARP Safe Driving Refresher Class from 12:30-4:30pm with Instructor Arthur Dym. You must be registered to take this class. For information call Cheryl at 717-236-9555 EXT. 3115
- September 17, 2019 – Dr. Donald Koones will present “The Wizard of Oz And Much More” at 10:30am. Due to Dr. Koones’ teaching schedule this fall, we will have his lecture before our lunch at Noon. After lunch stay and play Mah Jongg with Ellen Mussaf or Farkle with Harold Williams and Mel Krieger until 3pm. Wednesday, September 18, 2019 – Day Trip to Dutch Apple for lunch and to see “Finding Neverland”
- September 19, 2019 – September 19, 2019 – Continuing with our Tablecloth Project come do “Zentangle” with Sandy Gilleo
- September 24, 2019 - Game Day: Play Mah Jongg, Farkle or bring a game of your choice to share. You can play until 3pm.
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019 – Our last Artist in Residency Class with an Exhibit in the Spector Lounge. The Exhibit will be available for all to enjoy for a week in the Spector Lounge.
- September 26, 2019 – Al Goodman will lead us in a Sing-A-Long.